We recently teamed up with The Food Corridor and Purdue University Extension to publish the Shared Kitchen Toolkit: A Practical Guide to Planning, Launching and Managing a Shared-Use Commercial Kitchen. The PDF can be downloaded for free from http://www.thefoodcorridor.com/resources/. Links to numerous additional resources are provided in the Toolkit.
Several industry groups provide research, education and information about emerging trends in cultivating food entrepreneurship:
- The Network for Incubator and Commissary Kitchens (NICK)
- International Business Innovation Association (InBIA)
- National Good Food Network (NGFN)
- Specialty Food Association
- American Planning Association, Food Interest Group
U.S. Kitchen Incubators: An Industry Update by American Communities Trust provides a helpful overview of kitchen incubators in the United States.